Social Media Information
The purpose of this site is to encourage courteous and civil communication between the Village of Wellington and the public that is appropriate for all users. Comments will not be edited by staff, but may be deleted if found to be in violation of this policy. Wellington reserves the right to remove comments and/or content after thirty days, or as otherwise deemed appropriate by its department managers and/or Information Technology (IT) department. The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Village of Wellington.
What Is Not Allowed
Posts and content (including profile pictures or avatars, usernames or email addresses) that contain any of the following shall not be allowed:
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity or posting of material that violates any copyrights or trademarks of others
- Content or comments that compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content unrelated to the posted topic for the Village’s social media page. Off topic posts or repetitive posts may be removed
- Defamation or accusations of criminal, unethical or immoral conduct or activities. If a person believes there is a legitimate complaint against the Village or a Village employee, the person should contact the appropriate department director via telephone or email
- Invasion of an individual’s right to privacy
- Offense Language or Content that is:
- Personal attacks of any kind, including comments that target, disparage or discriminate against any race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, physical appearance, sexual orientation or financial status
- Promoting or opposing political campaigns or ballot measures
- Sexual content, sexual references or sexual innuendos, or links to any such material and content
- Solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency or entity
- Spam or suspected spam, or any links to such content
Do Not Report Emergencies on the Site
Social media sites are not to be used to report criminal activity or emergencies. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency. Additionally, Village of Wellington social media sites will not constitute an official form of communication for legal notice, specific requests for service, public records requests, registering a complaint, or filing a claim.
Members of the media are asked to send questions to the Village of Wellington Administrative Office through their normal channels and refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted or answered.
To request a reasonable accommodation when accessing the Village of Wellington’s social media sites, please contact the Village Manager’s office at 561-791-4000.