Technology and Innovation
Technology Services provides Wellington's residents, visitors and businesses with sustained, reliable and efficient technology services, infrastructure and telecommunications. Less visible but of equal importance are the people, servers, network and other sub-systems and processes that make the IT infrastructure network possible. Technology Services continues to serve the needs of the community and the Village by bringing industry and government together. Technology Services partners internally and with other departments across the organization to deliver and sustain state-of-the-art technology solutions and encourages collaboration between the public and private sectors to benefit the village's residents through technology and innovation.
What services do we provide?
Technology Services focuses on the delivery and operations of vital IT infrastructure network and telecommunications services, continuous service improvement and solutions to enable customer success. Many systems are visible to the public and accessible through the Internet such as:
- Web payment systems
- Wired and wireless telecommunications and network infrastructure
- Corporate-wide and departmental business systems/applications
- Records and information management across the Village
- Planning, designing, and supporting information/technology strategic direction
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Web-site services and administration
- Server Virtulization