- Parks & Facilities
Wellington Dog Park
Subfacility of Greenbriar Park
Hours & Information
Regular Hours of Operation
- Open Dawn to Dusk
- Closes until 3:00 PM each Thursday for maintenance
Thank you to our Sponsor
The Wellington Dog Park features a large fenced in, off-leash area separated into sections for small, medium, and large breed dogs. Facilities on the site include:
- Pavilions for Shade
- Walking Paths
- Wash Stations
- Waste Disposal Stations Located Throughout the Parks
- Water Fountains for Dogs and Owners
Also available on site are 2 beach volleyball courts, and a swing set and play structure.
Use of This Facility Is at Your Own Risk!
Dog Park venues may contain fleas, ticks and other canine pests. While Wellington applies annual pest control maintenance to minimize these issues, close contact with other dogs brought into the park may subject your pet to contact with these pests. Additional pet waste related diseases may also be present.
Please pick up after your pet!
Dog Park Rules
- No personal items (toys, pools, etc.) in the park!
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated and wear a visible dog license.
- No animals other than dogs permitted in the park.
- Aggressive dogs not allowed. Owners/handlers of dogs displaying aggressive behavior are required to immediately remove the offending dogs.
- Dogs may be off-leash only within the designated fenced area.
- No dogs under four months of age.
- No female dogs in heat.
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs - "Scoop the Poop".
- Owners/handlers must carry a leash and remain inside the park with their dogs.
- Owners/handlers must stop dogs from digging and immediately fill holes.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and closely supervised.
- Maximum of three dogs per handler.
- Excessive barking is prohibited - dogs barking uncontrollably must be removed.
- Consumption of alcohol, food and use of glass containers are not allowed.
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk.
- The Village of Wellington shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by a dog in the off leash area.
- The Village of Wellington reserves the right to close the facility for maintenance and repair.