Stay Connected with the Access Wellington App !
Posts and content (including profile pictures or avatars, usernames or e-mail addresses) that contain any of the following shall not be allowed:
- Content unrelated to the posted topic for the Village’s social media page. Off topic posts or repetitive posts may be removed.
- Obscene, profane, violent, threatening, hateful, harassing or offensive language or content.
- Personal attacks of any kind, including comments that target, disparage or discriminate against any race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, physical appearance, sexual orientation or financial status.
- Defamation or accusations of criminal, unethical or immoral conduct or activities. If a person believes there is a legitimate complaint against the Village or a Village employee, the person should contact the appropriate department director via telephone or email.
- Sexual content, sexual references or sexual innuendos, or links to any such material and content.
- Solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency or entity.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity or posting of material that violates any copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Content or comments that compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Invasion of an individual’s right to privacy.
- Promoting or opposing political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Spam or suspected spam, or any links to such content.
Social media sites are not to be used to report criminal activity or emergencies. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency. Additionally, Village of Wellington social media sites will not constitute an official form of communication for legal notice, specific requests for service, public records requests, registering a complaint, or filing a claim.
Members of the media are asked to send questions to the Village of Wellington Administrative Office through their normal channels and refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted or answered.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Village of Wellington Social Media policy.
To request a reasonable accommodation when accessing the Village of Wellington’s social media sites, please contact the Village Manager’s office at (561) 791-4000.