FREE Lakeside Family Fun Day, Holiday Boat Parade, and Holiday Concert on December 15th in Wellington
The next event in Wellington’s “Lakeside Family Fun Days” series is set to occur on Saturday, December 15th, on Lake Wellington, located behind the Wellington Community Center (12150 Forest Hill Boulevard).
The event will feature a variety of FREE activities for the entire family to enjoy between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Attendees will also have an opportunity to visit with Courtyard Animal Hospital, and the Wellington Community Services Department. Guests are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the community services tent for Wellington’s Annual Hometown Holiday Toy Drive. For details visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
The schedule of activities for Saturday, December 15th includes:
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, a Bounce House, a Rock Wall, Glitter Tattoos, Lawn Games, Fishing, and Father-Daughter Dance Ticket Sales inside the Community Center (visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/FatherDaughter)
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Green Market at Wellington — The green market will be located along the pathway that runs between Village Hall and the Community Center, and adjacent to Lake Wellington. For more information on the Green Market at Wellington visit www.greenmarketatwellington.com
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Plaster Time Crafts (first 200 participants)
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Goat Yoga—please bring your own mat! Class times vary. Pre-register at www.downwardgoat.com
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Holiday character photo opportunities, including photos with Santa! Please bring a camera.
Following the Family Fun Day event, be sure to return to Lake Wellington for a Holiday Boat Parade! Come watch as local residents and boating enthusiasts light up the Lake with Wellington’s Annual Holiday Boat Parade on Lake Wellington. Visible from behind the Wellington Community Center (12150 Forest Hill Boulevard), boats will launch from the Meadowland Cove boat launch at 6:20 p.m. and are expected to pass behind the Wellington Community Center around 6:25 p.m. Approximately 30 festive, decorated boats are expected to cruise in the parade.
Immediately following the boat parade, head on over to the Wellington Amphitheater for a FREE “Motown Magic” Holiday Show by N2 Nation, starting at 7:30 p.m. Don’t forget to bring blankets and chairs for seating!
For more information on these, and other events, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/Events.
As another way to stay informed on the latest news and updates from the Village, residents are invited to sign up for Wellington information and updates at www.wellingtonfl.gov/enews.
For information about other Wellington programs, events, activities, and updates, please visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or watch WellingtonTV for the latest happenings.