The Wellington Aquatics Complex will host an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification class in December. Learn the skills you need to score an amazing summer job or begin a fun and exciting career as a professional Lifeguard. This class teaches entry-level participants the expertise needed to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies, and to provide care until EMS personnel arrive.
Wellington’s lifeguard certification class will be held on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, December 5th, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Friday, December 6th, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 7th, 9:00 AM. to 6:00 PM
- Sunday, December 8th, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Participants must be able to attend all four class dates in order to complete the certification. To register, participants must also be at least 15 years of age and be able to:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Swim 25 yards and pick up a brick from a water depth of 10 feet and swim it 25 yards back to the wall in under 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Tread water for 2 minutes without the use of hands
The registration fee is $235 and includes the lifeguarding course, certification, and American Red Cross course materials.
To pre-register, visit the Wellington Aquatics Complex (12072 Forest Hill Boulevard) or call (561) 791-4770 for more information. Space is limited, so register today!
For more information on the Wellington Aquatics Complex, or summer swim lessons and programs, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/Aquatics.