The Wellington Aquatics Complex will host an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification class in January. Learn the skills you need to score an amazing summer job or begin a fun and exciting career as a professional Lifeguard. This class teaches entry-level participants the expertise needed to prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies, and to provide care until EMS personnel arrive.
Wellington’s Lifeguard Certification Class Dates and Times
- Thursday, January 20 – 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Friday, January 21 – 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday, January 22 – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday, January 23 – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Participants must be able to attend all four class dates to complete the certification. To register, participants must be at least 15 years of age and be able to:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10lb weight from a water depth of 10 feet, swim it 20 yards back to the starting point, and exit the pool in under 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Tread water using legs only for 2 minutes
- Exit the water without using a ladder or step
The registration fee is $235 and includes the lifeguarding course, certification, and American Red Cross course materials.
To preregister, visit the Wellington Aquatics Complex (12072 Forest Hill Boulevard) or call (561) 791-4770 for more information. Space is limited, so register today!
For more information on the Wellington Aquatics Complex, or summer swim lessons and programs, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/Aquatics.