Wellington’s Utility Billing department announces the launch of its new Utility Billing system on August 20, 2020.
Due to this change, there will be some limitations of service before the scheduled “Go-Live” date.
No Payments through August 20th
- Payment processing is suspended through August 20, 2020. Customers will not be able to make Utility payments in person, online, or through the Village’s interactive voice response system via phone.
- Wellington asks customers to postpone making a utility payment. Payments by mail or dropbox, utilizing a check or money order, will still be available during this time but will not be processed until after August 20th.
No Disconnects, Late Fees, or Penalties
- Wellington will NOT disconnect customers or issue late fees or penalties as Utility staff works through the pandemic and the new billing system conversion.
New Payment Portal
- Online Payment Portal – payments in the new system will be made through a new online payment portal available, beginning August 20th at Wellingtonfl.gov/Utilities.
- The first billing in the new system is scheduled for August 20, 2020.
- The Utility Billing conversion will take approximately two full cycles to normalize. During this process, Wellington is preparing for extensive call center and customer service demands. Customers may expect longer wait times during the initial transition phase.
The Building, Engineering, Planning, Code Compliance, and Business Tax Receipts will be operating normally.
Once the system goes “Live” on August 20th, there will be some changes to normal operations. Village staff will provide User Guides and assistance to keep customers informed.