In the interest of providing our residents with important recreational outlets for physical fitness and mental well-being, Wellington has started Phase 1 of a re-opening strategy for certain facilities.
It is essential that all individuals continue to adhere to the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Parks and Natural Areas
The following facilities will be open for passive, recreational use and enjoyment with some restrictions and following Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Residents are encouraged to use the facility for short durations, 1-2 hours at a time.
Village Park will be open from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, CDC Guidelines, including all social distancing guidelines, must be followed. In addition, the following restrictions apply:
- Trails and pathways may be used, all trails and pathways will be unidirectional (one way) and social distancing must be followed.
- Outdoor basketball courts may be used for individual practice only. No more than 3 persons per half-court and all participants must have their own ball. No sharing of equipment is permitted and no games are allowed.
- Outdoor pickleball courts may be used for singles only and no sharing of equipment is allowed.
- Bathroom use may be limited.
- Playgrounds will remain closed.
- Pavilions will remain closed.
- Skate Park remains closed.
- Dog Park remains closed.
- No field sports games are permitted and there shall be no gathering of more than 10 people at any time and social distancing guidelines must be followed. Individual play on open fields is permitted, assuming there is no sharing of equipment and safe social distancing is maintained. For example, it is permissible to kick a soccer ball against the practice wall or into a net if available or run sprints on an open field.
- Neighborhood parks will have limited reopening. CDC Guidelines including all social distancing guidelines must be followed. The following restrictions apply:
- Playgrounds, pavilions, and gazebos will remain closed.
- Residents are encouraged to use the facilities for short durations.
- No gatherings. Maintain safe social distancing.
Wellington Environmental Preserve
The Preserve will be open from 8:00 AM to sunset CDC Guidelines, including all social distancing guidelines, must be followed. The following restrictions apply:
- Trails and pathways may be used, all trails and pathways will be unidirectional (one way) and social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- Bathroom use may be limited.
- Maintain acceptable social distance at all times, including no gathering in park or in parking lots.
- Groups sizes must not exceed 10 people and social distancing must be observed in groups.
- The observation tower will remain closed.
Wellington Tennis Center
The Wellington Tennis Center will be open from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM. CDC Guidelines, including social distancing guidelines, must be followed. The following restrictions apply:
- Singles play only permitted. No congregating on the court or sidelines is permitted.
- Sharing of equipment is not permitted.
- Locker room and showers remain closed. Bathroom use may be limited.
- Total on-site capacity is limited to 42
- It is best to make appointments
- No gathering in the parking lots is permitted
Boating, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding
Residents are permitted to use Wellington’s waterways responsibly, provided CDC Guidelines, including social distancing guidelines, are followed and with the following restrictions:
- Boats shall be no closer than 50 feet apart.
- One boat on-ramp at a time.
- Public ramp will be open from sunrise to sunset.
- Individual kayak and paddleboard use is permitted, provided CDC guidelines and social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
For clarity, the following facilities will remain closed:
- All Playgrounds
- All Pavilions
- Dog park.
- Indoor facilities
- Skate park
- Wellington Aquatics Complex
- Wellington Community Center