March 26, 2020 4:46 PM
COVID-19 Update March 26
WELLINGTON EMERGENCY ORDER NUMBER 1
Effective today, until further notice, Wellington is directing the closure of all public and private parks, playgrounds, golf courses, recreational facilities, pools, and public seating areas located within the Village (some exceptions apply, see below).
Visit our Executive Orders Webpage to read this Emergency Order and other County and State Orders.
Exceptions: Seating areas located within private gated communities may remain open provided they adhere to the CDC and FDOH social distancing guidelines, including maintaining 6 feet of separation between individuals and prohibiting gatherings of more than 10 people. Further, seating for more than 10 people shall be removed.
This Emergency Order does not apply to one and two-family homes that have private pools, play structures and other recreational facilities.
This Emergency Order does not apply outside of Wellington.
This Emergency Order is supplemental and in addition to the Executive Orders issued by Governor DeSantis, including, but not limited to, Executive Orders 20¬70, 20-71, 20-72 and 20-83, as well as any Emergency Orders issued by Palm Beach County, including but not limited to Emergency Orders No 2 and No. 3, and any additional Executive Orders that may be issued by Governor DeSantis or the President or Emergency Orders issued by Palm Beach County that may be applicable to Wellington.
Any provision(s) within this Emergency Order that conflict(s) with any county, state or federal law or constitutional provision, or conflict(s) with or are superseded by a current or subsequently-issued Executive Order of the Governor or the President of the United States or any county-wide Emergency Order or ordinance, shall be deemed inapplicable and deemed to be severed from this Emergency Order, with the remainder of the Emergency Order remaining intact and in full force and effect. To the extent application of some or all the provisions of this Emergency Order is prohibited on the sovereign land of a federally or state recognized sovereign or Indian tribe, such application is expressly excluded from this Emergency Order.
This Order shall be effective at 5:00 p.m. on March 26, 2020 and shall last for the duration of the declared emergency.
Please follow all local and state orders related to COVID-19 and stay healthy.
VILLAGE EMERGENCY OPERATIONS
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, Wellington closed all Village-operated facilities to the public and suspended in-person service until further notice. We must do everything we can to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Despite this change in operations, Village staff continue working to provide essential services to residents in these extraordinary times. They will continue to work behind the scenes, serving you online at wellingtonfl.gov and via phone at 561-791-4000.
Those who need to do business with the Village may do so online. For a list of online services including bill pay, please visit our How Do I webpage.
Village Services: including utilities, public works, and sanitation services continue to operate.
• Water & wastewater Utility services continue to operate normally.
• To pay your water bill, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/waterbill or call (561) 753-2418 (press 1, then 1)
• All permits will be processed electronically.
• To start the permit process email the completed permit application to Buildingdocs@wellingtonfl.gov. Once your application is entered you may follow the standard online permit process. Instructions and guidance available online at https://www.wellingtonfl.gov/269/Guide-to-Permitting
• Customers who regularly submit Water Heater and Air Conditioning Replacement permits by paper must email the completed permit application and supporting documents to Buildingdocs@wellingtonfl.gov for processing. We will then process your request, email you a link for payment and then email the approved permit once payment is made.
• For any assistance please call (561) 753-2430
• Wellington’s Code Compliance Division remains operational.
• Public interaction will be by appointment only. Customers and respondents that need assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 753-2560.
• Meetings with the Engineering Department will be on an appointment basis only and will be limited to email at email@example.com and phone calls, (561) 791-4002.
Planning & Zoning
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or call (561) 791-4000.
Wellington has activated two call centers:
• Village Hall 561-791-4000
• Senior Call Center 561-791-4796.
• These lines are reserved for information about senior services; they are not intended to provide medical assistance. Please call your physician or the Florida Department of Health for health-related questions.
• Senior Services: The following services are available to Wellington Senior Residents over the age of 60, ONLY:
Pre-Paid Prescription Pickup and Delivery Local (Within Wellington Area), Pre-Ordered and Paid Groceries Pickup and Delivery Local (Within Wellington Area), Senior Transportation Program Expanded to Unlimited rides in Wellington (to the doctor’s office, grocery store or pharmacy only). Call the Senior Call Center at 561-791-4796.
• Visit our COVID-19 Community Resources webpage to learn about other resources available to our community.
Closures and Cancellations: All Wellington Parks & Facilities are closed until further notice.
For a complete list of Village closures/cancellations, visit our COVID-19 Events, Programs, & Meeting Cancellations webpage.
• Wellington Regional Medical Center staff urge residents to help our healthcare professions by dropping off any surgical or N95 masks at their local emergency department.
• Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office: Due to the Corona Virus outbreak, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is closing districts’ offices temporarily. However, that does not mean, they are not here for you. PBSO is still fully operational. For emergencies call 9-1-1. To file a police report call (561)688-3400 or visit our website.
• Palm Beach County Fire Rescue: Please don’t be alarmed when you see our Palm Beach County Fire Rescue firefighters responding to medical calls with extra protective layers, if patients meet certain criteria. It does NOT mean the patient has COVID19, it means they have similar symptoms. We are doing this to make sure we don’t expose ourselves or anyone else to the virus.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center is Available 24/7
Call: 1 (866) 779-6121
For additional information and helpful links regarding COVID-19, please visit the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 website at FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19
• Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website regarding COVID-19 at cdc.gov/COVID19
• Florida’s Price Gouging Hotline has been activated. If you experience price gouging or scams related to COVID-19 commodities, call 1-(866)-9NO-SCAM, or 1-866-966-7226 to file a report.
• As recommended by the Florida Department of Health, if you think you may have COVID-19 or are showing any symptoms, call your doctor or local hospital before leaving your home.
• All vital services, including water utilities and sanitation, continue despite the closure of Village Hall and other Wellington facilities.
• Our Call Centers (Village Hall 561-791-4000 & Senior Call Center 561-791-4796) are reserved for information about senior services; they are not intended to provide medical assistance. Please call your physician or the Florida Department of Health for health-related questions.
• A curfew has NOT been ordered for Palm Beach County. While the state has ordered the closure of nightclubs and bars through the end of the month, Wellington businesses have NOT been shut down. Restaurants and all businesses are encouraged to follow guidance from the CDC and the State of Florida and the Florida Department of Health.
Businesses Resources: We’ve created a dedicated Business Resource page on the village’s website. This page includes information relating to the IRS, Small Business Assistance programs, and more.
FOOD AND GROCERY UPDATES
• Aldi stores will open at 8:30 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and reserve the first hour of business for vulnerable shoppers. This includes senior citizens, expectant mothers and those with underlying health concerns.
• Publix Stores and Pharmacies will be open early from 7 AM – 8 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for customers 65+ to shop ahead of the crowds.
• Whole Foods will open at 7 AM daily for customers 60+.
• Target will allow for the first hour of shopping on Wednesdays only for the most vulnerable customers – 65+, pregnant women and CDC-defined vulnerable or at-risk.
• Walmart, beginning on Tuesday, March 24th and for each Tuesday after through April 28, will open one hour early for customers 60+.
• Please check with your local grocery to confirm these details.
CENSUS 2020: Make Wellington Count
• By now, you have likely received an invitation to respond to the census including instructions on how to respond by mail, online or by telephone. Everyone living at your address counts including grand and great-grandparents, parents and guardians, children, extended family, multiple families, roommates and caregivers.
• Please participate because there is much at stake!
• Palm Beach County receives approximately $1,600 in federal funding for each person counted. With 1.5 million Palm Beach County residents, this funding equates to approximately $2.4 billion annually. These funds are used locally for our schools, healthcare programs, housing, transportation, infrastructure and other critical services.
• Also, Florida's census data could result in additional congressional representation for our state based upon the total response to the census.
• For more information, please visit 2020census.gov.
Wellington offers an easy way to stay informed about the Village’s response to COVID-19. Visit wellingtonfl.gov/NotifyMe and sign up to receive email notifications as soon as updates are published and available on the Website.
We will regularly update residents and business owners about Village closures, cancellations, and resources pertaining to COVID-19 through:
• Wellington’s website
• Wellington TV
• Website Notifications
• Local media
Questions? Call Village Hall 561-791-4000 & our Senior Call Center 561-791-4796. These lines are reserved for information about senior services; they are not intended to provide medical assistance. Please call your physician or the Florida Department of Health for health-related questions.