Court Reservation Requests
Chelsea Court Reservation System
Launched in September 2021, the Chelsea Court Reservation system is available exclusively to our Annual Tennis Passholders, the Chelsea Court Reservation System is a web-based and mobile-friendly online platform providing our passholders with 24x7x365 access to court reservations at the Wellington Tennis Center.
Morning Court Reservation Times
Morning court reservations have fixed start times each morning.
- 8:00 AM
- 9:30 AM
- 11:00 AM
Guest (Non-Passholder) Reservation Requests
- Guests may request a court reservation by calling the pro shop 2-days prior to their desired date of play at 561-791-4775
- Passholder court reservations are assigned prior to guest requests.
Passholder Reservation Requests
The Chelsea Court Reservation System is available exclusively to passholders.
- Passholders may submit a reservation request in the system up to 30 days in advance of play.
- There is no advantage to early requests, other than convenience.
- A request for court time is not an actual reservation (booking). A booking is an actual court reservation that your group receives once the system has processed all of the court requests.
- Requests for courts through the Chelsea system will be assigned on a weighted-lottery basis 3 days prior to the date of play.
- Go to the Chelsea court reservation page
- Enter your MEMBER NUMBER (8 digits) and password
- Don't know your member number? Need assistance logging in? Contact the pro shop at 561-791-4775.
Booking a Court
YOUR main screen has the following choices:
From this screen you will be able to make a new court REQUEST (4-30 days in advance), BOOK(ING) a court (2-3 days in advance), edit or cancel a current request, or REVIEW your requests and court assignments. Requests require that you enter information on two screens — ‘Court Time Info’ and ‘Player Info’. Click “Submit” to complete your request.
Remember to keep your confirmation number when making a court request. It is the only way to get back in to edit, make changes and cancel a request.
Request – Is a request for court time, and not an actual reservation. Requests may be made far in advance of play (4 to 30 days), but requests are not processed until three days before the day you requested to play. There is no advantage to early requests other than convenience.
Booking – Once Chelsea has processed, 3 days ahead, any available courts may be reserved by clicking on ‘Booking’. Chelsea will display, and you may book, any available court time.
Processing – Chelsea processes requests three days before play and generates court assignments. Once court assignments are generated, you will utilize the booking button to reserve a court. Day of courts are obtained by calling the pro shop at the facility you wish to play.
Standby List – If you did not get a court within your requested time parameter, your group will make a wait list. The wider and more flexible your time parameter, (Ex: play as early as 8:00am and as late as 11:00am) the more you will play. The pro shop will call players on the waitlist if a court becomes available.
- Can I use this system if I am not a passholder?
No. The Chelsea Court Reservation System is an exclusive benefit for our Annual Passholders. Non-passholders are welcome to call in their reservation request 2 days prior to their desired date of play. Guest reservation requests will be assigned courts after passholder reservations have been assigned.
- I'm terrible with computers, how will I learn to do this?
During implementation of the new system, we will provide set times for our guests and players to come in and learn how to use the new system. Please contact the pro shop for more information at 561-791-4775.
- I still don't want to use my computer/mobile device...
You are welcome to call in 2 days prior to play as you have done in the past, but remember that many time slots may be taken by then. It might be easier for a passholder in your play group to stop by the shop and learn the system with our staff.
- What if I don't know who I am playing with, but want a court just in case?
Historically, these reservations have a higher possibility of cancellation/no-show, so all requests must be accompanied by at least 2 names of valid passholders for singles, and 4 names for doubles. Non-passholders will not be in the system, and will need to be entered as a “guest”.
- How do I find the names of my playing partners?
The system is very intuitive and will help you find the names of other passholders. It will also enable you to create a “buddy list” to refer to for your requests.
- Can guests make reservation requests like passholders and be given courts earlier?
No, all advance request must have be attached to a passholders name and account number.
- When I request a time, am I confirmed for that time?
No, your initial request is just that, a request for a specific time. Placement/confirmation of your time will occur 3 days prior to your requested day of play, a day before phone requests are fielded.
- I like to play longer than 1 1/2 hours, can I request multiple times?
We are going on the premise that it is fairest that everyone get a single opportunity to reserve a court before anyone can play 1-2 times. For that reason we do not allow multiple requests.
- That stinks! (The previous answer). I like to play multiple times as long as I want...
Morning demand for courts often exceeds the capacity for play. Should you wish to play longer or more often, requesting a time earlier or later in the morning may enable you to begin sooner or play later without being bumped by another groups reservation.
- Do I have to book my team practice or lessons online now?
No, a given number of courts are held each day for programming and they will continue to be done manually at the desk. Call us at 561-791-4775 for more information.
- What times are available?
Afternoons are generally open and available, but mornings are always in high demand. We will offer 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11:00 AM for reservation in 1 ½ hour increments in the morning.
- Can I start early or play later if the court is open before or after my reserved time?
Yes! If the court is open when you arrive you can start. If no one is booked for use of the court after you, you can continue play.
However, if you are bumped by the next group with a reservation, you can then go to the desk and book the next available court.
- Can I request a specific court?
The computer assigns courts at random, so you cannot request a specific court. That said, once placements are assigned our front desk staff will try do their best to accommodate court change requests.
- Do we still need to check in at the front desk?
Yes. All players are required to check in at the desk to confirm their play status and payment when applicable.
- Why now? Why the Summer implementation?
The months of August and September are historically the slowest months of the year (few leagues, no summer camp, many players are away) and this gives us the best chance for our players (and the staff) to learn the system. Should there be any initial glitches, we have ample courts available to address any issues and not inconvenience anyone. Our goal is that as we get busier on the courts, more players will be comfortable and confident in using the system.
For Additional Information
To learn about the new system, or for questions and feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 561-791-4775.