Welcome to the Village of Wellington’s Virtual Recreation Center! Here you will find fun and educational activities and resources for all ages.
Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Live Health & Wellness Classes with Baptist Health
Baptist Health also offers virtual exercise, community health, and educational seminars via Zoom.
Eligible members get access to on-demand videos, thousands of fitness locations, classes, and amenities. See if you have SilverSneakers with your Medicare Advantage Plan, visit the Silver Sneakers website for more information.
Below is a variety of online activities for kids and adults to enjoy from home!
- Art Activities
- Explore Wellington
- Space Activities
- The City That Talks book
- Virtual experiences
Art for Kids & Adults
- Angela Anderson offers fun and easy art lessons for beginners and experienced artists of all ages.
- Art for Kids Hub features quick and easy art lessons for kids.
- The Art Sherpa on YouTube offers over 1,000 different videos to follow along and create gorgeous acrylic artwork.
- Coloring Pages for Kids
- Coloring Pages for Adults
- Google Arts & Culture features content from over 2000 leading museums and archives who have partnered with the Google Cultural Institute.
- HP Printable Worksheets for Kids
- Online Schools Center Art and Design Learning at Home
Palm Beach County Library
The Palm Beach County Library offers e-books in EPUB, PDF, and Kindle formats. You can read on your computer or directly download to an app on your mobile device. E-books can also be transferred to e-reader devices such as the Kindle and Nook.
Visit the Palm Beach County Library E-book website.
Wellington Parks & Nature Preserves
Explore Wellington’s parks, playgrounds, and natural areas through our Wellington Parks Playlist on YouTube.
Wellington Community Center
Wellington Environmental Preserve
The Wellington Environmental Preserve provides a live stream so you can enjoy the wildlife and native landscaping from the comforts of your home. The Preserve was named the 2010 “Project of the Year” by the Palm Beach County Chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers and was the Sustainable Awards Municipal Project of the Year winner in 2019 by Green Builder Media.
Space Activities with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- NASA’s Spot the Station website is a tracking tool that allows you to look up your location from anywhere on earth, and find out when, where, and how you can see the International Space Station pass over head.
- NASA’s Science Space Place features lots of hands-on activities for kids.
- Learn with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Launch rockets, build robots, explore your world and beyond!
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s Teachable Moments for students.
- NASA at Home – Virtual Tours and Augmented Reality
Want even more space-themed activities? Visit the NASA at Home website for e-books, videos, podcasts, and more!
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storytime Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
Visit the Storytime Online website.
The City that Talks
We’re excited to share Florida League of Cities Incorporated’s new “The City That Talks” children’s book!
It is a fun and friendly story that explains the importance of local government to our younger residents.
Access a digital version of the book, in multiple languages, and find other fun activities for the kids at readers2leaders.com.
Wellington’s Council is excited to share Florida League of Cities, Inc.’s “The City That Talks” children’s book! Watch as each Council member shares a part of this fun and friendly story that explains the importance of local government to our younger residents.
We invite you to share this story with your children.
Digital versions of "The City That Talks" are online, in 3 languages on the Florida League of Cities, Inc.’s website.
Explore the world from the comfort of your own home through these amazing virtual tours and experiences.
Aquariums & Zoos
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Education & Games & Activities
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- Palm Beach Zoo Activities & Videos
- The Georgia Aquarium
- The San Diego Zoo
Cultural Council for Palm Beach County
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material within classes interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at 561-791-4000. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information. Users who need accessibility assistance can also contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication.