Get help finding a job through CareerSource Palm Beach County
COVID-19 Community Resources
Palm Beach County Food distribution sites
Food Finder Map
United Way has launched an Interactive Food Finder map to assist in locating food and hot meals across Palm Beach County.
Feeding South Florida
See locations on Feeding South Florida Calendar of Food Distributions. These sites provide groceries in a drive-thru style. The list is updated daily.
School District of Palm Beach County
Food distribution will continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 52 school locations through the summer or until further notice. Food distribution is from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Each day, parents or guardians who pick up food will receive a kit with three days’ worth of meals for each child.
Palm Beach County COVID-19 Testing
Visit Palm Beach County’s COVID-19 information webpage to find a list of all county COVID-19 testing sites. Find the closest private or community-based testing location to you. Several of the sites are government-supported and have free testing with a variety of restrictions and processes. Many others are private labs, urgent care facilities, or pharmacies that will bill your insurance.
Local Unemployment Assistance
Florida Reemployment Assistance Application
Access the Florida Reemployment Assistance Application.
Palm Beach County Library System
The Palm Beach County Library System offers resources to help those unemployed due to COVID-19. Staff are available by phone, email and chat to help members who have questions or need assistance filling out unemployment/reemployment forms through Ask-A-Librarian on the Palm Beach County Library System website.
Resources for Veterans
- Veterans with COVID-19 symptoms should call the VA Medical Center (561) 422-8262
- Veterans in distress should call the VA 24-hour hotline at (800) 273-8255 or text 838255
- List of smartphone apps for self-help and coping strategies at the VA App Store
- VA-specific information at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs COVID-19 webpage
Area Agency on Aging Helpline at (866) 684-5885 for assistance with food, electricity bills, Medicare and caregiver resources
211’s Sunshine is a free program that provides a daily phone call with friendly help and well-being check for seniors who are feeling isolated and alone. Call 211 or visit the website at 211palmbeach.org
Mental Health Resources
- Palm Beach County Youth Services provides free telemental health services for children and families by calling (561) 242-5714
- Anyone experiencing stress, anxiety, and fear due to COVID-19 may call the Catholic Charities Counseling Program hotline at (844) 848-6777
Palm Beach County Library System
The Palm Beach County Library System is offering one-on-one chat with a librarian. They can help you with any of your technology needs and including navigating the virtual classroom. Video chat sessions are available through the Zoom app. Call (561) 233-2600 to book an appointment.
Tutor.com and Live Homework help is a free library service that offers online tutoring in math, science, social studies and language arts. Live one-on-one sessions are available every day from 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM. Assistance in Spanish is available from 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM.
The Library has many free online resources to help you advance your career during the “Safer at Home” order. You can learn new skills, rework your resume, and take actions to prepare you to return to the workforce.
• Udemy is an online learning tool with courses available in a wide-range of categories like leadership, software, and personal development. The self-paced courses include videos, resources that can be downloaded and saved, and exercises and activities.
• Career Transitions is an online career guidance center that walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end. Assists with creating resumes and cover letters, assessing career interests, finding job listings, and interview preparation.
• Learning Express walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end. Assists with creating resumes and cover letters, assessing career interests, finding job listings, and interview preparation.
You can now stream Freegal Music 24 hours a day until September 30, 2020.
Get a free temporary e-card to people in the Library District and the Library Cooperative and for any child in Palm Beach County. The card allows you to access our online resources and services.
Visit the Virtual Library website at http://www.pbclibrary.org/coronavirus-virtual-library to sign up for the e-card.