Guide to Permitting
Engineering permits and plats are processed electronically through ProjectDox. Please review our Permit & Plat Checklist to assure you have all required documentation and prerequisite approvals prior to initiating the permitting process.
STEP 1: Submit your Permit Application
Please email your permit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the application is received, a permit technician will enter the information into the system to begin the process. Please be advised that the email address provided on the application for the applicant will be used as the ProjectDox login.
STEP 2 : Temporary Password to login to ProjectDox
The ProjectDox e-plan system will send you an email within five minutes of your application being processed by a permit technician. The email will provide you a temporary password and invite you to log into ProjectDox via the link provided.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not log in until you have completed Steps 3 & 4 below.
STEP 3: Install the ProjectDox components onto your computer (allow 5-10 minutes set up time)
The ProjectDox e-plans software is designed to run best on Internet Explorer (other browsers may not have all available functions and may run slower). Before logging into ProjectDox, please turn off all pop-up blockers and turn on compatibility view.
STEP 4: Preparing Files for Submittal
1. File Types - PDF files are preferred. PDFs are the most widely used within ePlans Review System. Other file types can sometimes be difficult to work with. AutoCAD files can be uploaded when necessary or required.
2. Submit the Correct Plan Sizes – Standard sizes are 8.5"x11", 11"x17", 24"x36" - *IMPORTANT - NEVER CHANGE THE PLAN SIZE WHEN RESUBMITTING CORRECTIONS.
3. Create a new folder on your computer hard drive and name it your “Project Name, Customer's Name or Address.” Create sub-folders within that new folder: "Plans, Support Documents, Comment Response Letters, Cost Estimates, Drainage Calculations, Shop Drawings, Legal Documents, Agency Permits, Other, Final As-builts, Closeout Documents, Revisions” if applicable. This will allow you to resubmit corrected drawings and documents from the Corrections folder using the exact same file names that were used in the first submittal folders.
The Reason: When placing a new file with the exact same file name in the same folder on your computer, your computer sees it as a duplicate and will automatically rename it “file name”(2) or it will ask you to replace the original file.
4. Name the Drawing Files Correctly - Plan pages must be named in accordance with the exact sheet name on the drawing, without any additional letters, numbers, or information.
For example: COVER, SWPPP, GRADING & DRAINAGE, DETAILS, SURVEY, etc.
Incorrect file names will be rejected. Use the folder on your computers hard drive for the date, client name or street name. Only one drawing page per file name, multi-page batch drawings are not permitted.
STEP 5: Begin Uploading Plans and Documents
First time uploaders please feel free to call (561) 791-4002 prior to uploading to ensure the upload will be done correctly. VERY IMPORTANT – After the upload is complete and the application fees are paid, you must click the “PROJECT TASKS” button then select the hyperlink “APPLICANT UPLOAD.” An eform will appear with the REVIEW INFORMATION tab highlighted. Next, CLICK the “UPLOAD COMPLETE” button at the very bottom of the eform to start your review process. Clicking "save and close" will not send your documents for review. The Permit Technicians will then prescreen the plans and documents prior to sending it to plan review. The project will then simultaneously be sent to each department applicable for plan review. The original plan files themselves are protected and archived in order to ensure they are never altered or modified in any way. All red-lines, markups and annotations for revisions that are applied to the plan files occur on virtual layers stacked on top of the original plans within ProjectDox. Reports and review status progress are available in the ePlans ProjectDox system along with being accessible through ePermits.
STEP 6: If Corrections are Needed
You will receive an email notifying you to login and review the comments that will either be noted on the drawings or written within the Applicant Resubmit task.
You can view comments by visiting our Self Service Portal. Create a login to view all of your projects in one place.
Open your permit file by clicking on the project number (i.e. ENG20-0000). Click on Project Tasks then Applicant Resubmit in your list of active tasks.
If the comment asks you to see the “Mark-Ups,” these are located on the document that needs to be corrected. To view these, you will click on the red exclamation point and click view.
STEP 7: Resubmitting Corrected Plans
IMPORTANT - NEVER CHANGE THE FILE NAME WHEN RESUBMITTING. The corrected files will automatically appear with a V2 after the file name denoting it was resubmitted correctly. AFTER YOU UPLOAD THE CORRECTED FILES, you must go to your "TASKLIST” button (SAME AS STEP 5). In addition, you will Check off the small CHECKBOXES on the left of the eform then click the “CORRECTIONS COMPLETE” button under the "REVIEW INFORMATION" tab at the very bottom to start the next review cycle. The review cycle continues until all the regulatory requirements are satisfied and the jurisdiction grants approval for the plans and the permit. When the project is approved you will be notified via email.
STEP 8: Pay for Remaining Permit Fees
Your final task will be "INCOMPLETE ITEMS" prior to the issuance of the permit, even if permit fees may have been paid. In order to receive your permit and begin work, the outstanding permit fees must be paid in full and the task must be completed. Please visit Self Service to pay any outstanding fees with a credit card. If you prefer to pay with a check, you will need to do so in person at the Village of Wellington Engineering Department - 12300 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington, FL 33414 between 8am and 5pm, Monday - Friday. VERY IMPORTANT – After paying fees you must click the “PROJECT TASKS” button then, select the hyperlink "INCOMPLETE ITEMS.” An eform will appear with the REVIEW INFORMATION tab highlighted. Next, CLICK the method of payment that was used, then click the COMPLETE button at the very bottom right of the eform. This will allow you to download and print your approved drawings and documents once a Permit Technician releases them.
STEP 9: Print Your Permit Card & Plans
After the "INCOMPLETE ITEMS" task is completed and a Permit Technician releases the permit, you will be able to print all of your approved documents. These documents will remain available to you, so you will no longer need to request a copy of the permit and approved plans if a replacement is needed! You are required to print one set of plans to be placed in a Permit Box or kept available on the job site. All documents must be printed a legible size for inspections and any documents containing mark-ups must be printed in color.
• Click the folder in which you choose to print from.
• Check the box at the top left to “Select All” documents that are in the folder.
• Click the Download icon which looks like a down arrow pointing towards a printer.
• Follow the prompts to either download the Zip File or save the documents to your computer.
• All documents must be printed a legible size for inspections.
• Any documents containing “Mark Ups” must be printed in color.