To report a missed pick-up, please submit a request through GoWellington.
- Garbage collection operates throughout the year however there are no garbage, recycling, or vegetation collection services on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day. If your pickup day falls on either of these holidays, your garbage will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
- Garbage must be out by 6:00 AM on the collection day, and no earlier than 6:00 PM the day before collection. This timeframe also extends to recycling and vegetation containers. The container must be removed from the curb or roadside and stored by 11 PM on the day of collection. Requirements extend to recycling and vegetation containers. If you live in an HOA, please check for their guidelines.
- Please remember that the automated container is the property of the Village of Wellington and cannot be painted, abused, or modified in any way. The container can’t be removed from the premises and must be left for the next resident.
- Garbage containers must face the correct way (wheels and handle closest to the house). Requirements extend to vegetation containers. Only garbage that is inside the gray wheeled, automated container with lid arrows pointed towards the street will be collected twice a week.
- Place your container within 3 feet of the curb and at least 4 feet from mailboxes, other containers, and recycling bins.
Garbage cans must not weigh more than 50lbs.
Any bagged garbage or larger items outside of the can will be collected on your bulk pickup day. Please see the Bulk Collection section for additional information.
Lightweight waste such as scraps of paper, plastic cups, styrofoam thrown into a container will be blown away during dumping. Please place such items in sealed plastic bags prior to placement in the container.
Containers kept outside must be screened from view per Village Ordinance. Requirements extend to recycling and vegetation containers.
The gray container and any trash must be placed in front of the originating property.
Your container can hold materials that protrude from the top of the container, but no material can be placed on top of the lid and items should not exceed 6ft in length.
Please DO NOT place any liquids, paints, certain batteries, propane tanks, explosives, or corrosives in your container. These items are prohibited because they can cause property damage or equipment damage or injury to collection personnel. Residents can be held responsible for any damage or injury resulting from the placement of these items in a container. Please call 791-4003 if you are not sure about an item.
Containers will remain cleaner and more sanitary if all waste is placed in trash bags before placement in the container and the container is rinsed out regularly.