Wellington is taking part in the annual “Let’s Move: Commit to Change Physical Activity Challenge.” The challenge is a countywide initiative focused on physical activity, nutrition, and health. Read on...
To report a missed pick-up, please fill out the Missed Pick-Up form.
- Garbage cans are collected twice a week, on your schedules days.
- Containers must be out no later than 7:00 AM on the collection day, and no earlier than 6:00 PM the day before collection.
- Place your container within 3 feet of the curb, with the lid arrows pointing towards the street and at least 4 feet from mailboxes, other containers, and recycling bins.
- Lightweight waste (papers, styrofoam, plastic newspaper bags, etc) must be placed in plastic bags.
- Garbage cans must not weight more than 50 pounds.
- Any bagged garbage or larger items outside of the can will be collected on your bulk day.
- Trash must be inside the gray container.
- No materials can be placed on top of the garbage lid.
- Items should not exceed 6 feet in length.
- The container must be removed from the curb/roadside and stored by 11:00 PM the day of collection.
- Containers kept outside must be screened from view, per Village of Wellington Ordinance.
- Containers are the property of the Village of Wellington and cannot be painted, abused, altered, or modified in any way.
- Containers are assigned to the property, not the resident, and must remain on that property.
- Automotive batteries
- Automotive body filler
- Batters (NiCad or rechargeable)
- Brake fluid
- Diesel fuel
- Engine cleaners
- Flea powder
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Gun cleaners
- Lighter fluid
- Mercury thermometers
- Mineral spirits
- Moth balls
- Oil (automotive)
- Oil filters
- Paint thinners
- Photo chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Weed killers
These items are prohibited because they can cause property/equipment damage or injury to collection personnel. Residents can be held responsible for any damage or injury resulting from the placement of these items in a container.
You can find out more information on unacceptable garbage and where to dispose of it on our Hazardous Waste page