To report a missed pick-up, please fill out the Missed Pick-Up form.
Bulk trash is excess non-food waste generated from various situations such as spring cleaning projects, large parties, moving, or other similar circumstances that create more trash than can be accommodated in the automated container.
- Residents may dispose of excess yard and debris waste on your bulk pick-up day.
- Excess trash should be placed in bags, boxes or trash cans for collection.
- Items must be neatly stacked and cut to less than 6 feet in length.
- Items should be placed near, but no closer than, 3 feet from other objects such as mailboxes and your automated garbage container.
- Bulk garbage must be out no later than 7:00 AM on the day of collection and no earlier than 6:00 PM, the day before collection.
- Residents who have demolition/construction debris or anticipate a large amount of refuse must lease a roll-off container from a hauler permitted in Wellington (for the list of permitted haulers, please scroll down to the bottom of the page).
- Items not accepted for collection should be taken to the Solid Waste Authority Landfill for disposal.
Acceptable Bulk Trash
*Please remove the door to prevent children from going inside and becoming trapped.
- Bath tubs
- Box springs
- Carpet (must be cut into 4 foot lengths and weigh no more than 50 pounds)
- Ranges or stoves
- Water Heaters
- Water Softeners
- Wood (cut into lengths less than 6 feet, with nails removed)
Unacceptable Bulk Trash
- Concrete or rock material
- Construction and demolition debris (steel, brick, roofing materials, pipe, lumber, etc)
- Motorcycle engines/parts
For a list of permitted haulers, please look at our Business Directory.