Equestrian Preserve Committee
- Jane Cleveland, Chair
- Carlos Arellano, Vice Chair
- Dr. Rachel Eidelman
- Glen Fleischer
- Haakon Gangnes
- Annabelle Garrett
- Dr. Kristy Lund
Powers and Duties
Per Ordinance 2010-44, the EPC shall have the following powers and duties is to provide advice on the following matters:
- Protecting and preserving land in the equestrian preserve area as equestrian.
- The safety of riders and animals.
- Flooding and drainage in the Equestrian Preserve Area.
- Comprehensive plan amendments and land development regulations as they apply to the Equestrian Preserve Area.
- Annually prepare a report recommending the need for any equestrian projects to the Council for inclusion in the Capital Improvement Program.
- Make recommendations on the design and/or configuration of equestrian capital projects to Wellington Council.
The EPC is an advisory board to the Planning Zoning and Adjustment Board and Wellington’s Council on land use decisions in the Equestrian Preserve area in accordance with the Equestrian Element of Wellington’s Comprehensive Plan.
Equestrian Preserve Committee Meeting-December 2nd.
The Equestrian Preserve Committee meeting on December 2 will begin at 6:30pm. There will be two options to attend this meeting, either in-person or Zoom.
The agenda and backup material for the meeting can be found here: https://wellington.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
In-Person Option: Meeting will take place in the Council Chambers located at 12300 W. Forest Hill Boulevard. Due to social distancing requirements, there is limited seating available for in-person attendees.
Zoom Option: Join Zoom Meeting: https://wellingtonfl.zoom.us/j/88187361039?pwd=WmlIYVpqNzNxcThVWkwzdGdEdEgwUT09
Meeting ID: 881 8736 1039
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,88187361039#,,,,,,0#,,408052# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,88187361039#,,,,,,0#,,408052# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 881 8736 1039
Provide public comment prior to the meeting
We encourage residents to submit comments or questions prior to the meeting by emailing Ryan Harding by December 2 at 5:00 PM at email@example.com. For public record purposes, you must include your name and address in your email. Your comments will be read into the public record at the appropriate time. Time limits will be enforced, so written comments must be limited to three minutes.
The meeting will begin with a short informational presentation on the proposed Equestrian Element, followed by EPC member discussion. After EPC member discussion, the meeting will be open for public comment. Public comments will be taken in this order:
- Comments received prior to the meeting
- In-person attendees
- Zoom attendees in the order in which they raised their hands to speak
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
The Equestrian Preserve Committee (EPC) meets on the first Wednesday of every month. All meetings are subject to change.