Permit Fee Schedule
1. Building Permit Fees
For permit fees, the valuation of buildings and systems shall be total replacement value to include:
- Architectural and Design Fees
- Interior Finish
- Marketing Costs
- Overhead and Profit
- Relative Site Work
Excluding only land value.
Valuation references may include the latest published data of national construction cost analysis services, such as Marshall-Swift, Means, etc, as published by International Code Council. The purpose of using such nationally recognized sources for valuation is to provide a fair and equitable means of determining the construction value. Final building permit valuation shall be set by the Building Official. Failure to include all information related to the associated work on the project at the time of the initial application may result in a requirement that a separate permit be issued with appropriate fees being charged to the applicant.
Based on the construction value determined using the latest published schedule of building valuation data as set forth above or contract value, which is to be submitted at the time of permit application and accepted by the Building Official, the permit fee shall be calculated using the following formula and paid prior to issuance of a building permit:
|Permit Rate||On Construction Valuation of|
|2%||$0.01 to $100,000, plus|
|1.75%||$100,001 to $500,000, plus|
2. Department of Business & Professional Regulation Surcharge Per F.S. 553.721:
- Required fee: 1% of total cost of permit (minimum of $2)
3. Building Code Administrators & Inspectors Fund Surcharge Per F.S. 468.631:
- Required fee: 1.5% of total cost of permit (minimum of $2)
4. Educational Materials
The following charges will apply to all permits and shall be reserved to fund the cost of educational materials, seminars and conferences, and training of such building personnel required to be certified in accordance with Chapter 468, Florida Statutes:
- 1% of the permit fee.
5. Building Plan Review Fee
The Building Plan Review Fee which includes initial processing and administrative costs as established by the following schedule must be paid at the time of permit application.Building plan review is required on all architectural design plans or as may be required at the discretion of the Building Official. (Building Plan Review Fees shall be 50% of total Building Permit Fees.)
- Plan Review fees shall be the greater of 50% of the calculated permit fee or a minimum of $75.
- B. Building Plan Review Fees are non-refundable.
6. Demolitions & the Moving of Building/Structures
Fees for demolition or moving of building and structures shall be based on contract value, which is to be submitted at the time of permit application and accepted by the Building Official:
- 2% of Full Contract Value
- Minimum fee: $100
7. Re-Inspection Fee
The fees for initial inspections as required by the Building Code are included in the primary permit fee. Fees for re-inspections will be charged for each inspection as follows, if the violation requires an additional inspection, or the job is not ready for an inspection subject to the review of the Building Official:
|2nd Re-inspection (Same Type)||$50 plus $50 Penalty Fee|
|3rd Re-inspection (Same Type)||$50 plus $100 Penalty Fee|
|4th Re-inspection (Same Type)||$50 plus $200 Penalty Fee|
|Partial Inspection (Requested by Contractor)||$50|
8. Miscellaneous Inspection Fee (Per Inspection)
9. Failure to Obtain Permit
Four times the Building Permit Fee, subject to review by Building Official.
10. Plan Revision
Minor plan revisions are those which would change certain minor components, as determined by the Building Official, on a set of submitted or permitted construction plans. Such components include, but are not limited to, revision to electrical, mechanical, or plumbing and changes to structural components that do not change the model of the unit or the square footage and layout of the structure:
- Pre-Permit: No Charge
- Post-Permit $75 minimum per reviewing agency, and billed at quarter hour increments thereafter at $75 per hour.
11. Transfer of Permit
- New Contractor: $75
- New Lot: Treat as Plan Revision
12. Appeal of the Building Official Determination
- Fixed Fee: $500
13. Permit Renewal
Permit is automatically extended for a period of 180 days from a received Approved inspection. 30 day extensions can be granted at no charge at the discretion of the Building Official.
- Greater of 30% of permit fee or minimum fee of $75.This includes one final inspection.
- Additional Final Inspections Required: $75 per Inspection
14. Permit Fee Refunds
- 20% over $100, excluding Building Plan Review Fees
- Building Plan Review Fees are non-refundable
15. Return Check Fee
- $40 or 10% of the amount of the check, whichever is greater.
- Maximum fee: $75
16. Special, Expedited, Out-of-Sequence Plan Review Charges
The following charges shall apply in addition to regular plan review fees:
|Commercial (Less than 5,000 SF)||$700|
|Commercial (5,000 SF or Greater)||$1,500|
17. Special Inspection Fee
The following charges shall apply for after-hour inspections and for inspections on weekends, holidays, and other times which are considered to not be within the hours of a typical business day:
- $75 per hour rounded up to the next hour.
- Minimum Fee: $225
18. Address Correction After Permit Issuance
- $75 per permit issued with incorrect address
19. Phased Occupancy, Conditional Certificate of Occupancy or Completion Agreement
Non- refundable; original issuance valid for 90 days with extension renewals for 45 days.
At the discretion of the Building Official, a conditional (temporary) certificate of occupancy may be issued for structures where there are unresolved or accepted conditions which do not affect the health and life safety of the occupants of the structure. The fees for these conditional certificates of occupancy shall be:
|Commercial - Initial/Renewal Fee Less Than 5,000 Square Feet||$1,500|
|Commercial -Initial/Renewal Fee More Than 5,000 Square Feet||2,500|
|Residential - Initial Fee||$750|
|Residential - Renewal Fee||$750|
20. Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
|Less Than 24-Hour Notice - Residential||$200|
|More Than 24-Hour Notice||No Fee|
21. Professional Services Charges
Additional professional services required by the Building Official to ensure the public health, safety and welfare will be charged to the applicant at the actual cost for the performance of the professional service. Such services include, but are not limited to, structural engineering, hazardous material evaluation services and sub-contract building inspection services. At the discretion of the Building Official, the applicant may be required to pay a deposit to cover the estimated cost of additional professional services. Any amount of the deposit not expended for the professional services will be refunded to the applicant. These charges shall be in addition to the Primary Permit Fee and any other fees contained in the Building Division Rate Schedule.
No certificate of occupancy shall be issued until all additional professional service charges have been paid.
Any services not listed or specified in this rate schedule do not preclude the possible need for issuance of a building permit and charging a minimum permit fee of $75.
22. Other Services Such as Permit Research, Scanning & Digitizing, Uploading
For the purpose of issuing a permit), due diligence reports, insurance affidavits, etc.:
- Minimum Fee: $50 per service
23. Permit Status Request
- Minimum Fee: $35 plus printing cost and billed at quarter hour increments thereafter at $35 per hour.
24. Fees for Replacement Documents
Fees shall be as follows:
|Replacement of Permit Card||$35 Each|
|Replacement of Permitted Plans||$50 Plus Printing Cost|
|Replacement of Additional CO||$35 Each|
25. Permit Reissuance Fee
After 180 days of expiration date, all renewals must meet current code and require new submittal:
- Minimum Fee: $75 plus
- Plan Review Fee (30% of original Building Permit Fee)
26. Stocking/Training Permit
At the discretion of the Building Official, a Stocking Certificate may be issued subject to written Building and Fire Department approvals. The fees for these Stocking Permits shall be:
|Less than 5,000 Square Feet||$250|
|5,000 Square Feet or Greater||$750|
27. Special Foundation Permit (Phased Construction)
28. Construction Debris Fee
Construction Debris Fees shall be calculated per square footage as follows:
|Multi-Family New Residential||$0.02 Per Square Feet|
|Multi-Family Residential Remodel||$0.042 Per Square Feet|
|New Non-Residential||$0.015 Per Square Feet|
|Non-Residential Remodel||$0.042 Per Square Feet|
|Single-Family New Residential||$0.028 Per Square Feet|
|Single-Family Residential Remodel||$0.042 Per Square Feet|
29. Miscellaneous Fees & Penalties
Penalty for Filling a New or Remodeled Pool without the required Pool Barrier Inspection Approval as per current Florida Building Code:
|1st Offense by Contractor||$500|
|Repeat Offense by Contractor||$1,000|
|Administratively Void Permit||$75|
|Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals Filing||$250|
|Customized/Engineered Product Approval Review||$750|
|Modification of Issued TCO||Same as TCO|
|Waiver Request Form||$75 Each|
30. Zoning Review Fees for Building Permits
|Single Family/Per Unit||$75|
- Zoning review fees are in addition to the above fees.
- Fees assessed by other Village of Wellington operations and/or agencies (Engineering, Utilities, Zoning, Fire Department, etc.) or per state law may be due at the time of permitting.
- Building Department Permit Fees Schedule is subject to change as per approved Village of Wellington Ordinances/Resolution.
- All Penalty and Re-Inspection Fees may be subject to review by the Building Official.