Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP)
In some cases, liability insurance is required for those utilizing Wellington facilities. To help users meet this requirement, the Village of Wellington allows Individuals/Organizations the option to purchase general liability/liquor liability insurance through their own insurance carrier. Proof of such insurance must be presented to the Village prior to any event.
Proof of liability insurance is required under the following circumstances:
- Any individual/organization renting a Village-owned facility or utilizing Village property that is serving or selling alcohol.
- Any individual/organization, renting a Village-owned facility or utilizing Village property in which Wellington requires liability coverage.
TULIP rates vary according to the number of persons involved in the event and the type of event. Purchasing TULIP online:
- Log in online.
- Select 'Purchase or Quote'.
- Confirm your venue: Enter the Venue Identification Code: 0501-BN0 or type in "Village of Wellington" in the search for your Venue Section, then click "Next".
- Select the event details or 'eligible activity' from the drop-down window, e.g. wedding, festival, etc.
- Fill out the contact information then click "Next".
- Review and confirm information: Ensure that all information entered is correct and select the "Agree and Accept" boxes then click "Complete".
- Summary: Review summary and breakdown of costs then click "Purchase Coverage".
- Billing Information: Review billing information and enter payment information then click "Pay".
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
When you purchase coverage, a Certificate of Insurance is issued and sent via email, in your Name or Organization's Name, with a Certificate automatically sent via email to your local government.
Coverage purchased via the insurance provider website is fully refundable if the following conditions are met:
- The insured event did not occur.
- Notification was given to insurance provider prior to the effective date of coverage. Coverage begins at 12:01 a.m. on said effective date.
- Liability insurance is refundable within 60 days of purchase.
The Village of Wellington does not handle TULIP cancellations. They are handled directly through the insurance provider.