Guide to Permitting
The Village of Wellington Building Department only processes permits electronically. All building plans must be submitted through the ePlans: ProjectDox Plan Review System.
Step 1 - Submit an Application for a Permit Via Email
You must first submit a notarized application to the Village for a Building Permit via email. After the application is received, the Permit Technician will enter the information into the system to begin the process. Please be advised that the email address provided on the application for the contractor will be used as the ProjectDox login.
View a list of building permit forms.
Step 2 - Receive a Temporary Password to Login
The ProjectDox system will send an email to you within one minute of the application being entered. This email will be inviting you to login to the ePlans ProjectDox website using a temporary password from the invitation and the Link to the ePlans ProjectDox Login webpage. Do not log in until you have completed Steps Number 3 and Number 4.
Step 3 - Set up Your Computer & Install Project Dox Components (Allow 5 to 10 Minutes Set up Time)
ePlans ProjectDox software is designed to run best on Internet Explorer as other browsers will not have all available functions and will usually run slower. Before logging into the website, all pop-up blockers must be turned off and the compatibility view must be turned on with the Login Portal.
Step 4 - Preparing Files for Submittal
- File Types: PDF files are preferred. PDFs are the most widely used within ePlans Review System. Other file types can sometimes be difficult to work with.
- Submit the Correct Plan Sizes: Standard sizes are 8.5 inches by 11 inches,11 inches by 17 inches, 24 inches by 36 inches
- Important - never change the plan size when resubmitting corrections.
- Create Folders: Create a New folder on your computer hard drive and name it your "Project Name or the Customer's Name or Address." Create sub-folders in that new folder: "Plans, Support Documents, Product Approvals, Corrections, Approved, and Revisions" if applicable. This will allow you to resubmit corrected drawings and documents from the Corrections folder using the exact same file names that were used in the first submittal folders.
The Reason: When placing a new file with the exact same file name in the same folder on your computer, your computer sees it as a duplicate and will automatically rename it "file name"(2) or it will ask you to replace the original file.
- Name the Drawing Files Correctly: Plan pages must be named in accordance with the exact sheet name on the drawing, without any additional letters, numbers, or information.
- For example:
- Incorrect file names will be rejected. Use the folder on your computers hard drive for the date, client name or street name. Only one drawing page per file name, multi-page batch drawings are not permitted.
- For example:
Step 5 - Begin Uploading Plans & Documents
First time uploaders please feel free to call 561-753-2430 prior to uploading to ensure the upload will be done correctly. Very important:
- After the upload is complete and the fees are paid, you must click the "Tasklist" button then select the hyperlink "Applicant Upload." An eform will appear with the Review Information tab highlighted.
- Next, click the "Upload Complete" button at the very bottom of the eform to start your review process.
Clicking "save and close" will not send your documents for review. The Permit Technicians will then prescreen the plans and documents prior to sending it to plan review. The project will then simultaneously be sent to each department applicable for plan review. The original plan files themselves are protected and archived in order to ensure they are never altered or modified in any way. All red-lines, markups and annotations for revisions that are applied to the plan files occur on virtual layers stacked on top of the original plans within ProjectDox.
Reports and review status progress are available in the ePlans ProjectDox system along with being accessible through ePermits.
Step 6 - If Corrections Are Needed
You will be emailed a notice to log in and review the comments that will either be noted on the drawings or written within the ResubmitRequest task.
You can view comments through the Plan Tracking Status at e-Permits:
- Click on the ePermits tab on the left.
- Click on Search Permit.
- Select your preferred Search Method.
- Click on the Plan Tracking Status tab on the left.
By opening your ResubmitRequest Task in Project Dox, you will be able to view the comments.
- Click on ResubmitRequest at the bottom of the split screen
- Accept the task
- View the comments on the right. There will be a different box for each plan reviewer
- If the comment asks you to see the "Mark-Ups," these are located on the document that needs to be corrected. To view these, you will click on the red exclamation point and click view.
Step 7 - Resubmitting Corrected Plans
Important - never change the file name when resubmitting. The corrected files will automatically appear with a V2 after the file name denoting it was resubmitted correctly. After you upload the corrected files, you must go to your "Tasklist" button (Same as Step 5). In addition, you will check off the small checkboxes on the left of the eform then click the "Corrections Complete" button under the "Review Information" tab at the very bottom to start the next review cycle. The review cycle continues until all the regulatory requirements are satisfied and the jurisdiction grants approval for the plans and the permit.
When the project is approved you will be notified via email.
Step 8 - Pay for Remaining Permit Fees
Your final task will be "Payment Selection" prior to the issuance of the permit, even if the fees have already been paid. In order to receive your permit and begin work, the outstanding permit fees must be paid in full and the task must be completed. Please visit ePermits to pay the outstanding fees with a credit card, if any. If you prefer to pay with a check or cash, you will need to do so in person at:
Village of Wellington Building Department
12300 Forest Hill Boulevard
Wellington, FL 33414
Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 4 p.m
Very important - After paying fees you must click the "Tasklist" button then, select the hyperlink "Payment Selection." An eform will appear with the Review Information tab highlighted. Next, click the method of payment that was used, then click the complete button at the very bottom right of the eform. This will allow you to download and print your approved drawings and documents once a Permit Technician releases them.
Step 9 - Print Your Permit Card & Plans
After the "Payment Selection" task is completed and a Permit Technician releases the permit, you will be able to print all of your approved documents. These documents will remain available to you, so you will no longer need to request a copy of the permit and approved plans if a replacement is needed! You are required to print one set of plans to be placed in a Permit Box or kept available on the job site. All documents must be printed a legible size for inspections and any documents containing mark-ups must be printed in color.
- Click the folder in which you choose to print from
- Check the box at the top left to "Select All" documents that are in the folder
- Click the Download icon which looks like a down arrow pointing towards a printer
- Follow the prompts to either download the Zip File or save the documents to your computer
- All documents must be printed a legible size for inspections
- Any documents containing "Mark Ups" must be printed in color