Green Village Vegetation Container
Vegetation is yard waste resulting from normal reoccurring yearly residential landscape maintenance such as trimming from hedges and bushes, pine needles, palm fronds, small limbs from trees and leaves. It is collected once a week. If you have Automated Vegetation Collection you must place your vegetation in the Green Village provided Vegetation container to have it collected. When your can is full you can then place excess vegetation in a separate pile.
Private Landscaping Vegetation
As provided by Village Ordinance, the Village is not responsible for the removal of vegetation disposed of in the swale, right-of-way, or edge of pavement by a private landscaping company.
Tree Removal Permit
Residents must obtain a tree removal permit prior to removing a tree and arrange for a private hauler to remove the debris as it is not considered routine yard maintenance
Vegetation Pick-up Guidelines
View the guidelines for vegetation pick-up:
- All yard waste that can be containerized in a plastic bag/can must be containerized. Small loose items must be contained to be collected, such as:
- Hedge trimmings
- Palm seeds
- Pine needles
- Small fronds
- Grass clippings from residential yards must be containerized or bagged
- Grass from the trimming of Polo Fields are not part of routine yard maintenance and will not be picked up by the hauler
- Only 7 cubic yards of bulk vegetation placed outside of the vegetation container will be collected each week.
- Sod, dirt, landscaping rocks, pallets and concrete edging are not considered vegetation and will not be picked up.
- Vegetation must be placed in front of your residence for pick up. Vegetation cannot be placed on vacant lots or major roadway swale areas.
- Vegetative debris that exceeds 6 feet in length, 10 inches in diameter or 50 pounds in weight will not be collected.
Vegetation Not Collected
Yard waste does not include tree removal or tree limbs exceeding ten inches in diameter, tree trunks, stumps, root balls, vegetation from lot clearing or vegetation requiring wheeled or tracked machinery for removal. These tasks are not considered routine yard maintenance and residents will have to make their own arrangements for the removal of larger waste materials. View the companies that have provided Wellington residents with discounted pickup rates.
Vegetation will not be collected if:
- It is any single piece of vegetation exceeds 6 feet in length or weighs more than 50 pounds
- It is from a commercial establishment or company
- It is mixed with other garbage or trash
- Placed on vacant lot or thoroughfare
- Placed under a utility pole/power line
- Tree limbs or pieces that exceed ten inches in diameter
Automated Vegetation Collection
If you live in an area that participates in the automated vegetation collection program you have been provided with a green automated vegetation can. Please make sure the following guidelines are being followed to assure collection of your can on a weekly basis:
- Can must be facing the correct direction (arrows on lid pointing towards the street) to be collected.
- Can must be out no earlier that 6 p.m. on the day before collection and by 7 a.m. the day of collection.
- Container must be removed from the curb or roadside and stored by 11 p.m. the day of collection.
- Only vegetation will be collected. No household garbage should be placed in the can.
- Place loose vegetative debris in the can (no bags).
- Sod and dirt are not considered vegetation and will not be picked up.
- Vegetative debris that exceeds 6 feet in length, 5 inches in diameter or 50 pounds in weight will not be collected.