Garbage cans are provided to each residence to dispose of non-hazardous household garbage. The garbage cans are collected twice a week on your scheduled days. View the Collection Schedule.
Garbage can must be out no later than 7 AM on the collection day, and no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before collection. Garbage cans must face the correct way (wheels and handle closest to house.) Garbage can must not contain any vegetation. Garbage cans must not weigh more than 50 pounds. Only garbage that is inside the can will be collected twice a week. Any bagged garbage or larger items outside of the can will be collected on your bulk pick-up day (see collection schedule.)
View the Guidelines:
- All garbage must be in the Gray container to be collected twice a week.
- Any garbage or Bulk Items that are placed outside your container will only be collected once a week on your scheduled bulk pick up day.
- The container is owned by the Village and issued to your address and must, therefore, not be removed from the premises. The container must be left for the next resident.
- The container must be removed from the curb or roadside and stored by 11 PM the day of collection.
- Containers kept outside must be screened from view per Village Ordinance.
- Containers will remain cleaner and more sanitary if all waste is placed in trash bags before placement in the container and the container is rinsed out regularly.
- Lightweight waste such as scraps of paper, Styrofoam, plastic newspaper bags, plastic cups, etc. thrown loosely into a container will be blown away during dumping. Please place such items in sealed plastic bags prior to placement in the container.
- Place your container within 3 feet of the curb with the lid arrows pointing towards the street and at least 4 feet from mailboxes, other containers, and recycling bins.
- Please do not place any liquids, paints, certain batteries, explosives in your container. These items are prohibited because they can cause property or equipment damage or injury to collection personnel. Residents can be held responsible for any damage or injury resulting from the placement of these items in a container.
- Please remember that the container is the property of the Village of Wellington and cannot be painted, abused, altered or modified in any way.
- Your container can hold materials that protrude from the top of the container but no material can be placed on top of the lid and items should not exceed 6 feet in length.
Please call 561-791-4000 if you are not sure about an item.