The next Village of Wellington Municipal Election is March 8, 2022.
The seats up for election are:
Contact the Village Clerk's Office at 561-791-4000 for more information.
NOTICE OF CANVASSING BOARD VACANCY
In accordance with the Charter for the Village of Wellington, the Village Council is seeking qualified candidates to serve as a community member, and an alternate, on the Wellington Canvassing Board for the municipal election to be held on March 8, 2022. The appointment will be made by Council in February 2021.
The eligibility requirements and duties of the board member are as follows:
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be appointed by the Village Council as a member, or as an alternate to the Village Canvassing Board:
- Shall be a registered voter in the State of Florida
- Shall be a resident of the Village of Wellington;
- Shall not in any way participate in the campaign or candidacy of any candidate in the election being canvassed;
- Shall serve as a member or alternate, if necessary, of the Village Canvassing Board until the election results are certified in the election being canvassed, including any run-off election; if so required.
Duties: The duties of the appointed community Canvassing Board member and the alternate member shall include, but not be limited to:
- Attend and participate in the Logic and Accuracy Test of election equipment on the date set by the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections in accordance with the requirements of Section 101.5612, Florida Statutes;
- Attend and participate in the Village Canvassing Board meeting, as called by the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections to canvass absentee ballots in accordance with the requirements of Section 101.68, Florida Statutes;
- Fulfill all election day duties, including being present at the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections office after the polls close on election day to canvass any questionable provisional and/or absentee ballots and tabulation of the ballots in accordance with the requirements of Sections 101.048 and 101.5614, Florida Statutes;
- Attend the Post-Election Audit meeting called by the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections to audit the results of the election in accordance with the requirements of Section 101.591, Florida Statutes;
- Attend all post-election meetings of the Canvassing Board called by the Village of Wellington for the purpose of certifying the results of the municipal election;
- Fulfill all of the above required duties, as required in the event of a required run-off election;
- Fulfill all of the above required duties, possibly at additional times, in the event the Governor enters an executive order that declares a state of emergency that suspends or delays the election.
If you are interested in serving as the community member or the alternate member of the Canvassing Board for the upcoming election, please contact the Village Clerk’s office at (561) 791-4784.