Home-based businesses or occupations include businesses or trades conducted within a dwelling unit that result in a financial gain for the resident of the dwelling unit. The primary use of the dwelling must be for residential purposes and no more than 15 % of the total floor area of the dwelling may be used for business purposes. BTR fees home-based businesses or home occupations depend on the type of industry.
Home-Based Business Submittal Checklist
- Wellington Local Business Tax Receipt Application
- Palm Beach County Business Tax Receipt Application
- Fictitious Name Registration and/or Articles of Incorporation (If applicable)
- A copy of a valid State license (state licensed professionals only) **the business tax receipt will not be issued until the state license has been submitted**
- Wellington registration fee, tax, and/or application fees
- Business Narrative describing in detail the nature of the business at the specified address
- A copy of your State Issued Driver’s License or Government Issued ID with the current address per Florida Statute 322.19
How to Submit Your Home-Based Business Application
Completed applications and required documents can be emailed to BTR@Wellingtonfl.gov for processing, mailed to City Hall (12300 Forest Hill Boulevard), or submitted in person at City Hall Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Please send all documents in the same email/envelope to avoid delays in processing your application. The fees will be invoiced once the application is processed.
Home-Based Business Land Development Regulations (LDR) Requirements
Home Occupation: A home occupation shall be subject to the following supplementary use standards pursuant to Section 6.2.2.B.12 of the Land Development Regulations (LDR):