Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7am - 6pm ET 
Public Notices
• Canal Reclamation Neighborhood Meeting May 27 | 5:30pm | Village Hall •• Canal Reclamation Neighborhood Meeting May 27 | 5:30pm | Village Hall •
You are here Home FAQ's Utilities


Q. How do I report a water or sewer main problem?

Call our Utility Customer Service department at (561) 791-4000 between the hours of 7am to 6pm Monday through Thursday. For emergencies after normal business hours please call our Water Treatment Facility at (561) 791-4037 [This is an after-hours emergency number only]. If you live in Buena Vida, Olympia or Villagewalk please contact Palm Beach County Utilities 24-hour Emergency Center, phone (561) 740-4600 and select option 1.

Q. Do I need a deposit, if so, when do I get my deposit back?

New Customers

Each new customer is required to place a security deposit with the city. Your deposit is returned as a credit on your account after 24 consecutive months of service provided:

  • Your account has not been delinquent more than twice within the past 24 months.
  • You have not paid with a check that has been refused by a bank within the last 12 months.
  • Your service was not disconnected for non-payment within the last 12 months.

If you should move out of our service area and your deposit is still on record, it will be credited to your final bill. After deducting any outstanding charges, a check for the difference will be included with that bill.

Transferring Service

If you move to a new location within our service area, your deposit can be transferred to your new address. You are allowed a month's overlap in service before another deposit is required.

Former Customers

Deposits may be waived if a former customer has had service within the preceding 24 months and had their deposit returned for good credit. Any former customer not meeting these requirements will be processed as a new account and be required to pay a standard utility deposit. Your deposit does not prevent the disconnection of service due to non-payment. If service is disconnected for non-payment of the account, an additional deposit may be necessary at the time of reconnection.

Q. How do I transfer or discontinue service?

To transfer or discontinue service, notify us at least 3 days in advance of the requested date of disconnection. If moving out of Wellington, we will need a forwarding address to ensure the final bill and/or any remaining deposit is properly forwarded. Customers are responsible for all charges associated with the service address until the service is permanently disconnected. Call (561) 791-4000 for more information.

Q. What happens if I miss a payment?

An account is considered delinquent if a bill contains a previous balance. An unpaid previous balance may result in water service being terminated unless arrangements have been previously made.

If service is terminated for non-payment, the entire previous balance, a reconnect fee and possibly an additional deposit may be required before service is again restored.

Q. I travel a lot and can't always pay by the due date. I don't want my service water treatment process disconnected, what could I do to avoid that?

For those customers who live out of town, travel a great deal of the time or feel the 21-day payment limit to be restrictive, we suggest that those customers consider pre-payment. An additional sum of money applied to the account will enable your monthly statement to show a credit balance. When the credit falls below $50.00, we suggest another credit payment be made. This will enable your payments to be made on time without penalty or possible service interruption.

Another option for those of you who travel a lot is to take advantage of our bank draft (AFT) program. This popular program is designed to make utility payments more convenient, economical and efficient. Funds are automatically transferred from your bank account to pay your utility bill. Your utility bill will be paid on time each month no matter what your circumstances are.

Q. Where can I pay my bill?

You can pay your bill in any of the following manners:

BY MAIL - Payments, (US funds only) may be mailed directly to our Utilities post office box (PO Box 31632, Tampa, FL, 33631-3632) in the envelope provided with the billing statement.

IN PERSON - Payments may be hand delivered to Wellington's Customer Service Center located at 12300 Forest Hill Boulevard.

DROP BOX - See IN PERSON. (Same location)

BANK DRAFT – To set up your account for bank draft, contact us at (561) 791-4000 or download the Automatic Funds Transfer (ATF) Application Form from the Utilities Customer Service webpage.

CREDIT CARD – Payments may be charged by using an active VISA, Master Card, or American Express credit card. Credits card can be presented at our office, over the phone or online.

ONLINE - Once a pin number is received, you can view your account history, usage, charge, and payment information. You can also pay your utility bill by using a major credit/debit card. Your PIN number is included on your water bill, but if you need assistance, please email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call us at (561) 791-4000.

Q. I am away from my house a lot. Is there anything I can do to prevent someone from using my water when I am not there?

If you plan to be away for an extended period of time such as some of our seasonal customers, we suggest you have your water meter turned off. This will prevent unauthorized water use or loss of water due to leaks or breakage while you are gone.

This service is provided to the customer at no charge ONCE A YEAR.

Twenty-four hours notice is required to take advantage of this service. You can either call our Customer Service Department or email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it listing the dates water is to be turned off and again restored. Please plan to have your service turned back on the day before you arrive home.

EXCEPTION: Absentee residents who need water available for automatic sprinkler systems, scheduled repairs and pool maintenance cannot apply for this service. However, it is recommended that customers in this situation turn their house valve off when they leave the area. This will prevent any leakage or water damage to the interior of their home.

Q. What happens if I have a plumbing or sewer backup?

If you experience a wastewater backup, a plumber should be called prior to Wellington's field services technician being called out.

If the plumber encounters a problem in the system near the location of the sanitary wye (back of sidewalk), the Utility field services technician will visit the affected location to assess the situation. If possible, the problem will be taken care of at that time. If not, the field services technician will TV inspect the line the next day to determine the responsibility for the repair.

If it is determined the problem is the responsibility of the Village, the homeowner will be reimbursed for the charges incurred from damages to household items, if documented by the plumber.

Q. What are the current water and wastewater rates?

Water & Sewer Rates and ChargesInside & Outside the Village

Q. What are miscellaneous service fees?

Miscellaneous fees are designed to recover costs of providing specific services, which may be required periodically by a customer or as a direct result of customer actions.

BASE FACILITY CHARGE: This is a fixed amount based on meter size and is billed monthly for water and/or sewer to all accounts for service availability. This charge applies to all utility customers even when an owner may not occupy the dwelling. Charges continue until such time the dwelling is again occupied or sold.

Water & Sewer Rates and Charges: Inside & Outside the Village

Q. What does a water meter box look like and where is it located?

The water meter box is located in the ground, typically along your front property-line, and is constructed out of concrete or heavy plastic. Please do not remove the cover of your water meter box as this may damage the transmitter. Click here to view photo for details.