The Village of Wellington is a great hometown. The committed members of our team are critical in the delivery of quality services that residents want, need, and are willing to pay for.
We have developed a “four question test” which effectively inspires, motivates, leads, develops and empowers employees to carry out our five strategic fundamentals of Protecting our Investment, Neighborhood Renaissance, Responsive Government, Respecting the Environment, and Economic Development.
If you want to join our team, you must be willing to ask yourself at all times, in every occasion, does what you do:
- Foster a family environment?
- Promote safe neighborhoods?
- Enhance the value of our community?
And most importantly
- Is it the right thing to do?
Those questions guide our actions. Our values are who we are. We expect you to share our core values.
- Excellence and Innovation- Our organization fosters excellence; encourages lifelong learning and continuous improvement; and celebrates innovation
- Integrity and Professionalism – We demand conscientiousness through courtesy, honesty, respect and transparency in our quest to be a truly open government
- Commitment and Accountability- We take ownership of individual performance and the team’s success focused on meeting and often exceeding goals and objectives
- Customer Service – The ability to understand, achieve and exceed the customer’s real or perceived needs
- Communication – Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, showing a complete understanding of the message being shared (to you, by you, through you)
- Teamwork – Respected and positive team player who uses your individual strengths within the team to identify and provide solutions to complex issues
- Leadership and Development – Ability to develop, motivate and influence others towards to individual, departmental, organizational goals and objectives
We agree that these four competencies are very important, but please know that we are looking for the talented and tenacious individuals that will enjoy the challenge Wellington offers.
By clicking "I Agree" below, (this will advance you to our job announcements) you are committing to practice the “four test” model in all you do and to uphold the Village of Wellington's values and competencies should you become an employee of the Village of Wellington. If this is not for you, click “No thanks” to return to the homepage.
I AGREE NO THANKS