What You Should Know Before Starting Your Business
ellington Ordinance #98-19 requires that any person who maintains a permanent business location or branch office within the Village to pay a local business tax receipt for the privilege of conducting any business, profession, or occupation within the Village's jurisdiction. If you already have a local business tax receipt and are changing the location of your business, you are required to submit a new application, and include a copy of your current local business tax receipt.
Ordinance 2012-14 proposes to provide a BTR exemption for all real estate brokers and sale associates pursuant to recent legislation (HB 7125). The Ordinance also provides for BTR exemptions for professionals that are employees of a business within Wellington pursuant to an optional policy set forth in HB 3111. Independent contractor will still be required to obtain a BTR.
The purpose of this ordinance is to:
· support our economic development incentives
· support our business community
· encourage future growth in our business community; and
· comply with State Legislation where required
The second and final hearing of Ordinance 2012-14 is scheduled for July 10, 2012 and if passes, will become effective immediately.
Local Business Tax Guide
Guide to doing Business
Local Business Tax Frequently Asked Questions
Any person who is engaged in two or more trades, vocations, businesses or professions is required to pay a receipt tax for each separate line of trade, business, vocation or profession. In some instances, each professional of a business is required to pay a local business tax receipt (i.e. physicians, dentists, and realtors).
eLicenses: Business Licenses Online (Renewal Only)
We are pleased to provide eLicenses: a convenient Online Service so you can view or renew your business license information online! Access your business license information anytime, day or night.
What is available?
- License Information - View information such as the name of the business, application status, business owner and general business information.
- License (Renewal Only)
- Status - View all applicable licenses associated with this business and their status. Renew Online
- Completely process your annual renewal online! Public Review
- Find a business by name, business type or address. License Fees - View all applicable fees for a license.