Hurricane Irma Update 2
Wellington’s Emergency Operations Center is activated and preparations are underway in anticipation of Hurricane Irma’s arrival this weekend. Emergency Operations Personnel are actively monitoring the storm and its potential impact on our area. Currently, the storm is a Category 5 which can bring damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and flooding to our area.
The following notices and event cancellations are in effect:
- Village Hall, and Village parks and facilities will operate on a regular schedule through Friday, September 8, 2017.
- Wellington Tennis Center will close tomorrow, September 7, 2017 through Monday, September 11, 2017.
- September 6 - Coventry Green Neighborhood Watch Meeting
- September 6 - Mayfair Neighborhood Watch Meeting
- September 7 – Food Truck Invasion
- September 9 – Jeff Annas 5k Run
- September 11 – 911 Remembrance Ceremony
- September 13 - Hawthorne Park Grand Opening
- All Wellington Amphitheater events canceled through Monday
Trash pickup will be on a regular schedule through Friday, September 8, 2017.
Wellington urges residents to:
- STOP PUTTING ANY EXTRA DEBRIS, TRASH OR YARD WASTE OUT AT THIS TIME.
- DO NOT TRIM YOUR TREES.
- DO NOT PUT OUT ANYTHING FOR PICK UP UNLESS YOU HAVE CONFIRMED IT WILL BE PICKED UP.
- ITEMS PLACED ON THE STREETS AND LEFT UNCOLLECTED CREATE SIGNIFICANT SAFETY RISKS.
Stay connected with the Village of Wellington on Facebook and @wellingtonflgov on Twitter for updates as the storm track evolves.
For more information, tune in to your local news, WellingtonTV, our website (wellingtonfl.gov/storm), and Palm Beach County’s website (discover.pbcgov.org).